Monday, November 30, 2009

How long will I have to wait-from the time I apply for naturalized citizenship until I become a citizen?

I will complete 5 years as a LPR on the 2nd of September 2009. As per the USCIS website, I am eligible to apply for naturalized citizenship 3 months prior to completing 5 years as a LPR. IF I file my papers on the 2nd of June, when can I expect to become a citizen? I live in Boston, Massachussets.How long will I have to wait-from the time I apply for naturalized citizenship until I become a citizen?
USCIS says it will take average 5 months if you apply in Boston, MA.


(N-400:Application for Naturalization: 5 Months)





For future readers, if you want to know processing time in your area, please go to this USCIS web page, enter your city and state, and it will give you the details:


https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp;jsessionid=aSMfjo-fdMzd





And of course, it's time to find out what's involved in the citizenship test. I recommend this free citizenship test with videos online:


http://citizenship-test.citizenshipcoach.com/index.php?url=testings





Good luck my friend!How long will I have to wait-from the time I apply for naturalized citizenship until I become a citizen?
Boston says it takes about 5 months.





https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.鈥?/a>








Good luck! My interview is next week!
well it takes different times for different ppl but i think it will take like 2-4 months
used to be seven years

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism