Thursday, December 3, 2009

How long should I wait till I decide to apply for non-professional jobs, such as in retail?

I've been out of work for the past 3 weeks... I have a college degree and office experience.. how long do you advise me to start applying for cashier jobs and such..should I wait till say the end of July to begin doing that... so far I'm sending out resumes daily for administrative spots.. the downside right now is I'm running out of funds to pay my bills... and I'm not eligible for unemployment benefits, either..How long should I wait till I decide to apply for non-professional jobs, such as in retail?
Tricky situation, but let me give you advice what I did after I graduated from college. I worked for three years in Telecoms, then I decided to work for myself, but it was hard to keep good workers..I later invested in wholesale rings and watches. I get permits and set up at corners on streets and malls and such. I make over $82k a years doing easy stuff. Something to think about and it is rewarding too. meet new people from all over. I plan on going to Atlanta next week and set up there and make a few bucks. When the Super Bowl came to Atlanta I made over $15,000 in one day. I'm telling ya wholeslae distributors make money and so do you. The items sale themselves.


You can file your taxes at the end of the year so you have to discipline yourself with the money and set aside your living expenses and the rest is IRS and profit.How long should I wait till I decide to apply for non-professional jobs, such as in retail?
Start applying now and try to get something where you will not totally screw the company over if you have to leave in a few weeks / months when you do get a professional position





You need to make sure you have money coming in and that you do not fall into debt, which is why you need to have all options open and you will not have any options if you do not at least start applying.





You also must not in any way slow down your search for a professional job -- try to get a ';meatime'; job at night or with flex hours so that you can still go on interviews





Don't stop the job hunt and don't feel down that you haven't landed a new position yet that is the right fit for you. We all go through these periods, you just have to keep your head highm, your nose to the ground and press on (no partying, watching TV spending time on much really until you have the job that is right for you -- work hard in construction, retail, bartending.. whatever you have to do with integrity until you succeed in the professional world).





GOOD LUCK, you'll do just fine!!!
retail jobs can lead to a professional office job. such as target. dont wait or you can do it parttime as you search for your fulltime job. it is better to find a job when you have a job
as soon as possible. money is money. and you can start looking for other jobs, and that way, when you give your 2 weeks, youll have references.
If you need money, sounds like now's the time to start applying for non-professional jobs while you continue to look for something in your field. The problem you might run into is that many companies won't want to hire you and train you, knowing you probably won't stay long.





Good luck.
Well, I would say soon since you are running out of funds. I'd do it before I run out of cash.
Better do it now because even with low paying retail jobs, it takes forever to get that first check. It took me 2 weeks to go through the applying, interviewing, waiting for the drug test results, and all to actually start working and another 2 weeks to get the first check.
I would take whatever job came my way...and then after that keep lookn for your ideal job...thats how I did it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism