Thursday, December 3, 2009

Doubts about Dual citizenship - how and where to apply?

My wife is an Canadian and I am an Indian.


Now I would like to know how and where I submit my marriage certificate for her to become an Indian citizen and me to get a canadian citizenship i.e. Dual citizenship for both of us. Please help.Thanks in advance.


Note:- Its been two months we are married.Doubts about Dual citizenship - how and where to apply?
India does not recognize dual citizenship. You would do best in searching out a desi-specific group to research this in.


If you want to take Canadian citizenship, you must first become a Landed Immigrant there, and live there for a number of years as a Resident.





No dual citizenship possible for India (but keep your eye on it, changes are possible)Doubts about Dual citizenship - how and where to apply?
India does not allow dual citizenship. However they do have OCI program that is somewhat similar. Once you become a Canadian citizen, you can apply for OCI through any Indian embassy or consulate. OCI gives you some, but not all, of the benefits of Indian citizenship.
first you have to find out if both canada and india.





if so, you just apply and that's that.





i am a new zealand citizen and an australian citizen. since both countries allow dual citizenships, I simply took australian citizenship and did not renounce my new zealand citizenship.





I dont believe you have to notify anyone of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism