Thursday, December 3, 2009

How can I focus? A method that I can apply to anything? I am the kind of person who can get easily distracted?

Whether it is in class or when a friend is talking, I drift into another world. I think about something that is bothering me. A worrying thought comes over me like a cloud. I need to find a cure. I don't want drugs. I need some kind of a perspective. A new method that will help me concentrate greatly. With memorizing, learning anything quickly. I need to find a way in which my brain can concentrate. What is the trigger? Something deep.How can I focus? A method that I can apply to anything? I am the kind of person who can get easily distracted?
Just like anything else, it takes practice.





It also might help you to meditate on a regular basis. (meditation is not necessarily a religious thing, it's mainly a way to train the mind to either focus on something to gain a greater understanding of it, or to lose focus for the purpose of relaxation.)





To meditate try closing your eyes and relaxing someplace that is preferably quiet, dimly lit, and away from people, and drown out the noisy world with a white noise generator (or just hum) and try to feel the center of your mind, or just concentrate on a simple figure. Do not allow anything else into your mind, if words, images, or feelings enter your mind other than the shape you are imagining just stop yourself from allowing those things in and go back to your concentration.





That's just about it, do it maybe once a day for at least 5 or 10 minutes and you will slowly train your mind to take focus.How can I focus? A method that I can apply to anything? I am the kind of person who can get easily distracted?
You and me and everybody else. But I think we'd rather think of it as diversion. Geniuses (and not so genius) all over the world create entertainment, religion, even wars and evil that divert our attention from our own realities. Diversion from our own reality is probably what keeps most of us from going mad. Inwardly, we all tend to know that realitty is jarring: ie, floating on a blue ball through an eternity of near-empty space toward a final eternity of non-existence. Want to focus on that for about 18 seconds? Back to the reality of the History Channel. One hint: look for the angles that pertain to your own routines, i.e. put yourself in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism