Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How will I submit the offical transcript from my school if I apply to college online?

How about those other documents that I can't just type in?





I'm applying to UW online.How will I submit the offical transcript from my school if I apply to college online?
Hello. Typically, transcripts are not accepted directly from a student. Usually you send a fee to your college and direct the bursar to forward your transcripts to the admissions department of the college you are interested. So whether applying on line or mailing in an application the procedure will be the same. I do not think that you can request and pay for transcripts on line at this time - I may be mistaken, however, as colleges may be setting up secure on line systems, but they usually need evidence for your ';file'; that you made the request. But if for some reason, an informal one, you want to attach them, simply have them scanned into a file - like faxing, then attach the file that way. The college should have a place for you to attach files - much as you can attach a resume or letter, etc. to an e-mail that you send. I hope that helps. Some employment services and printing places have scanners you can use. Also check with a friend....his or her parents may have a scanner. How will I submit the offical transcript from my school if I apply to college online?
It is my understanding that an official transcript is one that has an official university stamp and is sealed by the university (as opposed to a copy that you provide). Generally they would either be stamped and mailed by the university or if you pick one up personally, stamped, sealed in an envelope, with the envelope seal also stamped or signed to certify that you haven't tampered with it.





Based on this, my assumption would be that you complete the application and the required documentation would be provided separately, either my you or others.





To be certain, however, I would suggest calling UW to verify their requirements.
Generally, students do not have access to secure documents like transcripts or teacher recommendations. Those documents are always mailed seperately, directly by your high school to the college you're applying to. You don't have to worry; if you apply online, all you have to do is provide your school with an addressed, stamped enevelope and the guidance department will take care of the rest.





Good luck!
For example, let's say you are an international student and your transcript is in a language other than English. You can get it translated at University Language Services and ask them to send it directly to the school.





Certified translations:


http://www.universitylanguage.com/transl鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism